Gates and a low brick wall mark the entrances to the circular streets of Park Hill. The majestic homes include styles of Spanish architecture and Tudor Revival among others. Sidewalks, old style street lights and large trees add elegance to the area.
The Park Hill neighborhood is located three miles southwest of the Fort Worth Central Business District overlooking the Fort Worth Zoo and parts of Forest Park. Its streets are circular, outlining the bluff above the Zoo. They all terminate on Park Hill Drive at the southern edge of the neighborhood.
Joseph Pelich, a noted Fort Worth architect of the era, designed many of the homes in Park Hill. Most of the older homes are two story, many with basements, with the newer additions being one story. New houses have been built in recent years going back to the older two story styles. Sidewalks, old style street lights and large trees add elegance to the area.
The addition soon became the home of many prominent Fort Worth professionals, oilmen and city leaders. 22 homes in the area are listed as historically significant and possible candidates for historic markers. The neighborhood entrance gates, street lights and tile street name insets in the curbs are also mentioned as being historically significant.
Period street lights were added to Park Hill in 1927, and were updated in their original form by the City of Fort Worth in the early 1980s.