Arlington Heights features convenient access to Fort Worth’s museums and Cultural District and the downtown business district. Many parts of Arlington Heights are becoming desirable because of widespread revitalization efforts.
Architectural styles in Arlington Heights range from one story wood-frame bungalows to two story Period Revival designs. Fifty three structures in Arlington Heights are listed in the Tarrant County Historic Resources Survey. This neighborhood features tree lined streets with sidewalks, vintage streetlights and convenient access to the shops and restaurants along the brick paved Camp Bowie Blvd.
After WWI, residential development turned west. Between 1920 and 1926, Arlington Heights became the fastest growing section of Fort Worth and was annexed by the city in 1922.
Present day Camp Bowie Blvd. was originally called Arlington Heights Blvd. and was paved with creosote soaked wooden blocks. In 1921 it was renamed Camp Bowie Blvd., and was paved with brick in 1928. Camp Bowie Blvd. was designated an historical site by the Texas Historical Commission in 1978.